Monday, May 24, 2010

Burt's Bees Essential Body Kit - Part 2

Four products down, four to go!  See part 1 here.


Peppermint Foot Lotion - I'm not a fan of peppermint scented foot products.  I understand the peppermint is cooling and all that, but you usually put it on after they've been washed, so wouldn't they be cool anyway?  It's lightly moisturising, and non-greasy.  It's ok.

Extra Energising Body Wash - It's nice enough - not a strong lather but enough, the scent is nice and refreshing but faded quickly so it didn't clash with my perfume.  Wouldn't buy again as I don't see anything particularly special, but I'll keep it for when I travel.

Naturally Nourishing Body Lotion - The big thing to note here is that it's a lotion, not a cream.  As my skin is drying out with the seasonal change it wasn't hydrating enough for my tastes, but if you just want something light it's quite nice.  The smell wasn't offputting but also something I wouldn't specifically choose.

Radiance Day Creme (with royal jelly) - My clear favourite out of these four!  Again it's a lighter formulation, but I still found it really hydrating.  Makeup application was also nice and smooth.  I'd consider buying this again for my day cream, if I had a richer moisturiser at night.  I wish I'd known about this one in summer!

So overall I think it's a great deal for only $24.95!  Some products were great, some weren't to my fancy but I'm glad I tried them out.  And it's really piqued my interest for the rest of the Burt's Bees products - will see what else I can pick up!

No comments: