Friday, May 21, 2010

Burt's Bees Essential Body Kit - Part 1


I've decided that I need a new skincare regime.  My skin is really suffering with the change in the weather, and this gives me a perfect chance to test out some new products - from my local health food store!

Natural skincare isn't revolutionary, but I've never made a conscious effort to use it.  But it makes a lot of sense, and the environmental benefits are great as well.

I was surprised by the range of skincare lines that my local store carried!  There's so many products that got me excited, but since I was after an exfoliater to start with and my hands need some love, I found a pack that had it all - Burt's Bees Essential Body Kit.



Contents - Replenishing Lip Balm, Peppermint Foot Lotion, Extra Energising Body Wash, Deep Pore Scrub, Radiance Day Creme, Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme, Hand Salve and Naturally Nourishing Body Lotion.  8 products for $24.95.  Pretty nifty, huh!

Since it's late at night I tested out half the products now, and I'll review the others when I use them tomorrow morning.

Replenishing Lip Balm (with pomegranate oil) - nice!  Really smooth texture, and moisturised my lips without feeling too waxy.  I really like the pomegranate scent too!

Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme - I expected this to be 'creamy', but it was more like a gel/balm.  I had to warm the product up before I could apply it, but it was quickly absorbed and surprised me with how moisturising it was.  Lemon smell was really refreshing too.  Another thumbs up.

Hand Salve - I'm actually not too sure what to do with this.  Like the cuticle cream the texture is like a balm, and it smells like eucalyptus.  It doesn't really work as a hand cream because of the consistency.  Maybe it could be a spot treatment, but because I have the cuticle creme I don't really have a use for it.

Deep Pore Scrub (peach and willowbark) - this disappointed me to start with.  My first thought was that the grains were way too large for a facial scrub - they feel like they're scratching my skin rather than buffing it smooth.  And the grains felt too few and far between, so it took more product than I would like in order to feel like I had enough.  What I did love was the 'waxy' residue that was left behind - it wasn't actually wax, but more like a moisturising 'barrier' which meant I could get out of the shower and not make my skin feel tight and make me run for the moisturiser.  Now, after my moisturiser has absorbed my skin feels much more hydrated than normal, and very soft.  Maybe it will win me over with time?

Interesting results so far... wonder how the other products will perform?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've used the lemon butter cuticle balm before and it's lovely, I adore the scent