Sunday, May 23, 2010

NOTD - Three colours from OPI

Just thought I'd show you some of the new OPI nail polish colours that have appeared in my collection lately!

Don't Know... Beets Me!


I really like this pink!  It's fun and bright, without being too fluoro and tacky.  The creamy consistency was easy to work with, and the brush was nice and wide for foolproof application.  Not something I would choose to wear on my fingers, but would be great for a 'secret' pedicure - you know, the pedicure you get when you know you'll be wearing closed shoes and you're the only one who knows your toenails are pretty?  It's your girly little secret :)

I'd Like To Thank...


Sparkly!  The bottle shows pink, bronze and gold reflects but the photos bring out the bronze.  I gave my mum a pedicure with this colour and it really highlighted her (very faint, Australian winter) tan!  Would look great on the beach or in fabulous sandals - pity it's getting cold here  :( the Prowide brush was wide (funny about that!) but also really strong, so I felt like I had great control.  I'll be looking for that brush in future polishes.


Over The Taupe


I caved to peer pressure and bought this colour - and I have to say, I'm not a fan.  I don't think the colour does anything for me, but more annoying was the really watery texture of the polish itself.  You can see in the pic that it's a bit uneven in coverage, which is probably because it's still a bit wet but I had to work a lot to get it as non-streaky as this.  I expect more from OPI polishes.

Next on the shopping list - grey polish.  Maybe it's to match my new grey handbag, but I'm obsessed.  What is everybody else coveting?  Do you like the idea of the 'secret' pedicure?

1 comment:

♥akisa♥ said...

that pink is GORGEOUSSSS!!