Monday, February 15, 2010

My current skin and makeup routine



Before I get all excited about trying new products, I thought I should share with you what I'm wearing at the moment.  Gives you an idea where I'll be starting from!

My skin - 80% oily, just my outer cheeks are normal.  Can get very dehydrated.  Large pores, and quite a lot of redness.  Concerned about first signs of ageing (I'm 27) and making my makeup last all day.

Cleanser - Garnier Anti-Detox foaming gel.  Which is now discontinued.  Which is always my luck!  Look out for cleanser testing in the future!  At night I use alcohol-free baby wipes.  Just like facial wipes, but cheaper :)
Toner - Witchhazel.  It works nicely in summer to keep some balance in my skin, and gently exfoliate.
Moisturiser - During the day I use Garnier Nutritionist with SPF15.  At night I don't have a solid routine, I tried to use Nivea but it was too rich for my skin.  So it tends to be my rosehip oil with whatever moisturiser I have on hand that doesn't have SPF.  Again, Garnier discontinued my favourite ('Stop' range).  If they could 'Stop' doing that, it would be great!!

Foundation - Graftobian (pro makeup artist brand) applied with foundation brush.  Colour is a tad dark for my liking, but it is summer after all.
Concealer - Graftobian.  Trust me, you don't need another concealer.  Just apply with your fingers for a heavier coverage.
Powder - Ben nye Neutral Set.  This is me being lazy.  It's a translucent powder (and a proper one, not a cheap makeup I-really-have-colour type) and it lightens my foundation just enough to make it look like my correct colour.  I have hard skin to match for powders, as they can be too pink or too yellow.
Eyeshadow - an old Elizabeth Arden compact.  Has nine colours, depending on how bright I want to be.  I have many other eyeshadows, but during the work week this is enough to get me through.
Eyeliner - Prestige pencil liner in Black.  Prestige has some great products that last well.  Big fan.  I spend so much on my kit I tend to buy cheaper makeup for myself.
Mascara - Gorgeous Cosmetics Formula Five in Black.  Only because I got it as part of my makeup kit.  It's quite good actually, does a great job of lengthening my thin, spidery lashes without clumping.
Cheeks - Cover Girl Trublend in Golden Sunrise.  Too dark for anything but contouring my cheeks, but it does a nice job of that.  Other than that I usually steer clear of blush, due to the redness in my face.
Lips - Whatever lip balm is in my handbag.

As you can see, I'm far from perfect with my makeup or my routine.  But it does give me an idea of what I can focus on first.

I'm dying to try out the new Revlon Photo Ready Foundation, so I think that will be my first experiment.  But remember - I'm doing this for you.  I will get no pleasure out of it.

Yeah right.

Have a great day!!

No comments: